Sunday, January 27, 2013

People Change

I can't believe how much you've changed,
I leave for a while and things go haywire,
You've become so stubborn and deranged,
You're setting your own life on fire.

I've tried to convince you that you are wrong,
You need to let go of the vice holding tight,
She's been in your life for far too long,
Your life to me is an unbearable sight.

I don't know what to do anymore,
I'm not sure how to make you believe,
Whenever I bring it up, it's a war,
And my faith in you, you did not relieve.

So go ahead and get defensive,
Get angry that I care about you,
But someday you'll look through your pensieve,
And find out what I've said was true.

For now I'm not sure we can remain friends,
But disappear from my mind, you won't,
Nothing can taint my past-crafted lens,
Because people change, memories don't.

12/17/12
MLS




No comments:

Post a Comment