Sunday, November 18, 2012

Behind The Curtain

I could blame the stress,
I could blame the distance,
I could blame you,
For not giving resistance,

One thing I now know for certain,
As soon as you choose to close the curtain,
Things are changing behind the scene,
You can’t know but you can dream,
What happens there is worse than real,
It gives you a deep, dark curse to feel,
The bright red giving you a feeling of hope,
But hiding a reality you can’t bear to cope,
As you lay eyes on the curtain rising,
You see a sight that is most surprising,
What you believed was reality,
Turned out to be a well-played fantasy,
With the curtain call comes the end of the play,
The crowd is cheering despite your dismay,
All too real but it seems so fake,
How could this be? It is such a mistake,
You leave the theatre stricken with awe,
Paralyzed from the play you just saw,
What you had hoped for wasn’t real,
Now it is your turn to conceal,
The true feelings inside secured in a vault,
Though you don’t even know who is at fault…

I could blame you,
I could blame the stress,
But it doesn’t matter,
My life is a mess.


MLS
Oct 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment