Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Truth

I am not writing this for me, I am writing this for you.
Please read these words carefully, for I assure you they are true.
You've come to me before, saying you still think of me.
I blew you off, unbelieving, but now I think I see.
At college, I've had time alone, time with just my thoughts.
Of how things used to be, and how I am distraught.
I am not asking for forgiveness, that I know I can’t obtain.
I am not asking for a second chance, for I know that that’s insane.
I guess I feel you need to know, what’s going through my head.
In short, quite simply, it’s you; and the previous things you’ve said.
I remember a certain day when you took my shoe for fun.
Then you put it on my foot and said “You must be the one.”
That memory inflicts such pain, it’s burning in my brain.
Here I sit, one year later, knowing I’m the one to blame.

MLS

1/6/12

No comments:

Post a Comment