Sunday, November 18, 2012

Never Should Have Set You Up

I never should have set you up,
I never dreamed I’d be so lonely,
Filling up my killing cup,
Sitting by a fire so homely,

You've got her and I’ve got me,
It doesn’t matter what used to be,
Now is now, despite the change,
You have gone beyond my range,
Friends or not, it doesn’t matter,
With you, it seems, it is the latter,
I showed you her, and you chose her,
It didn’t matter what we were.
Even though she’s my best friend,
You were first, up til the end,
I can tell when she talks to you,
Your texts to me become far and few,
Although I know you say you try,
Moments pass and days go by,
It’s not long before you’re gone,
For you remember her by dawn.

I know I can only blame myself,
This situation, I created,
I never should have set you up,
Because time has made our friendship faded.


MLS
1/3/12

No comments:

Post a Comment