Sunday, November 18, 2012

Over You

You’re lucky I got over you,
For had I not, I’d still be ‘round,
Waiting, waiting, for the clue,
To bring me back at the slightest sound.

You had me wrapped around your finger,
Now I know you didn't want me there,
Ignorant, I began to linger,
Despite the fact you didn’t care.

You continued to claim you wanted a friend,
But you had it dragged on for so long,
I realize you didn’t want it to end,
The hurt, the pain, the lies, the wrong.

You wanted me to be your slave,
The way you claimed me in your life,
I was lowly, and you were the knave,
The “nobleman” wanting to use his knife.

You call me dumb and immature,
Expect me to stay even after that,
Assume that I will stand and endure,
Hit after hit, and the blows with the bat.

You say I can’t handle being friends,
And perhaps that accusation is true,
But try viewing it from my own lens,
And see what I have seen with you.

I am so sick of you, sick of your crap,
Go leave bait for a different soul,
I am no longer the prey in your trap,
So re-cover up your pitted hole.

Funny how a sorry came so hard from you,
Whereas I said it every other day,
Even when you were the reason I was blue,
You’d just give an excuse, with no apology to pay.

If I still liked you, I’d still be around,
Trying to differ what’s lie and what’s true,
But either way, you would be crowned,
So I am so lucky that I’m over you.

MLS

2/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment