Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Break

I've got so much to say, I don’t know where to start,
I don’t really want to do this, but I've got to do my part.

I know you have your reasons, I completely understand,
Although I’m kind of curious, I will make no demand.

I’m sorry I’m not right for you, but some things cannot be,
Not every boat is fit to float, out on the raging sea.

My feelings are unchanged, my emotions will not show,
For I do not break easily, as you already know.

I know that you feel better, that I can take this well,
But I know any other way, I’d be putting you through hell.

And come on, you know me, you know that’s not my style,
Don’t look back, don’t regret, don’t leave without your smile.

You know enough about me, through all the things we've faced,
And one thing I fear is that you think this was a waste.

This conclusion will not bother me, that’s a promise I can make,
As for all the good memories, that is something I will take.

To comfort any second thoughts, you made a good decision,
If you hadn't stepped up like that, I never could have risen.

Lastly, I appreciate the way you increased my self-esteem,
If I could somehow repay you, just ask, and you’ll redeem.

So I guess this is goodbye, to this idea we call dating,
But fear not, because in me, your friendship’s never fading.

After all, this is better, I’m not trying to complain,
I will be just fine, don’t worry, I am free of any pain.

(two days later)
The only thing that I regret, is not to hear your voice,
But I’ll move on with my life, because I have no choice.

MLS

12/4/08

No comments:

Post a Comment